2021 Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
How much can the RAV4 tow? When properly equipped, the 2021 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity reaches an impressive maximum of 3,500 pounds. This translates to the approximate weight of a standard lightweight trailer or a small boat, making the new RAV4 a good option for weekend getaways from Rancho Cucamonga. Learn more about the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity with John Elway's Crown Toyota, below!
How Much Can the RAV4 Tow?
Depending on the configuration you choose, the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity will vary.
- Entry-level LE trims can tow up to 1,500 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 1,240 pounds.
- Hybrid RAV4 models can tow up to 1,750 pounds with a payload capacity of 1,230 pounds maximum.
- Trail-ready trims like the RAV4 Adventure and TRD Off-Road models can tow the maximum Toyota RAV4 towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, with a maximum payload capacity of 1,050 pounds.
Toyota RAV4 Engine Performance
When you choose your RAV4 trim level, you’ll probably want to consider the engine performance in addition to how much the RAV4 can tow with each configuration. Below, you can explore the engine that accompanies each RAV4 model:
- Standard RAV4 LE Models – 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-Cyl DOHC D-4S Injection with Dual Variable Valve Timing: 203 hp, 184 lb-ft of torque
- RAV4 Hybrid Models – 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-Cyl Hybrid: 219 combined hp, 149/89 lb-ft of torque (front/rear)
- RAV4 Adventure & TRD Off-Road Models – 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-Cyl DOHC D-4S Injection with Dual Variable Valve Timing: 203 hp, 184 lb-ft of torque
Explore RAV4 Performance Features
Front-wheel drive is the standard drivetrain for LE trims, with the option to upgrade to all-wheel drive also available. Hybrid RAV4 trims are equipped with standard electronic-AWD, while RAV4 Adventure and TRD Off-Road trims are equipped with Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD). Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes are available across the RAV4 lineup, allowing you to instantly adapt to the changing road conditions in Eastvale. Other RAV4 performance features include:
- Active Cornering Assist
- Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow modes on higher trims
- 8.4 to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12.0-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
Test Drive the 2021 Toyota RAV4 at John Elway's Crown Toyota!
Ready to secure the keys to a 2021 Toyota RAV4? Contact John Elway's Crown Toyota or stop by on your way home from Fontana to take the RAV4 for a test drive! Apply for financing to get pre-approved before your visit, and don’t forget to review our ongoing new Toyota specials for a chance to save!Now that you’ve seen what the RAV4 can tow, take a look at how the Toyota RAV4 compares to the Honda CR-V!
More from John Elway's Crown Toyota
The new Camry is yet another example of how Toyota continuously pushes the envelope on what we should expect from our cars. The car stands out by delivering drivers a comfortable ride, stylish design from the inside out, and inspiring performance capabilities. The beauty of the new Toyota Camry is in the details, and you…
If you’re in need of a dependable new pickup truck that can keep you moving around Rancho Cucamonga with ease, then you’re sure to be impressed with the new 2022 Toyota Tacoma mpg ratings. With two striking engine options and seamless performance capabilities, you can ensure you’ll enjoy enhanced fuel savings to get you from one…
Schedule Toyota Sienna Service near Ontario When necessary trust the experts at Crown Toyota and schedule Sienna service near Ontario. Crown Toyota prides itself on our excellent service on vehicles, the Toyota Sienna included. The more regularly scheduled services help keep up with the maintenance needed to maintain optimal performance in…